Forged in Sheffield
Grunwerg was established in 1945 by Otto Grunwerg, a refugee from war-torn Vienna. During the years that followed, Otto kept his eyes firmly on the future and grew the business to become a successful manufacturer of knives and cutlery.
After the purchase of the 'Laurel Works' from George Lawrence Ltd. Grunwerg manufactured a variety of blades and scissors in the heart of Sheffield on Nursery Street. For 30 years the business was located here amongst the many thriving cutlery and steel manufacturers supplying many of the UK's wholesalers and retailers. Now based in Steel Manor, Grunwerg has continued to bring the best stainless steel products to the market.
Part of the Family
Although generations of Grunwergs have been at the helm of the business, our family culture extends to all our team members, many of whom have been with the business for over twenty years. They have introduced their own family members to the Grunwerg team. Fathers and sons, daughters and mothers – we’re here for each other and for our customers.
Basking in the mottled sunlight in the courtyard of your favourite restaurant, dining with friends over a crisp white tablecloth, the sun flashing from the modern stylish cutlery. Grunwerg products are designed for a life lived beautifully.